Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Cordless Clipper Review 2017
In this Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Cordless Clipper Review I will explain the Pro’s and Con’s as well as tips on how to maintain your clippers longevity.
Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Cordless Clipper Review – Product Overview
The Wahl’s brand has been making there mark on the barbering industry since the early 1900’s and year after year continue to bring more innovative ideas to the for-front. For example, the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Cordless clipper that has taken the barber industry by storm.
Wahl clippers are one of the most used clippers in the barbershop and recommended by many professional barbers. Although, the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip clippers are commonly use cordless you still have the option of using the cord as well.
Due to the after that the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Cordless clippers run on a Lithium battery they lack the power that clippers in the Wahl 5-Star series are known for. None the less, the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip clippers get the job done with the same precision as its predecessor: the Wahl 5-Star Seniors. Some of the features of The Magic Clip are: high precision zero-overlap 2161 blades that offer superior speed and ease of use, a taper lever for easy blending, and a lithium ion battery with a 90+ minute run time when fully charged.
In The Package
- Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Clippers
- Tube of Blade Oil
- User Manuel
- 8 attachment combs, oil
- Cleaning brush,
- Red blade guard
- Recharging transformer 120V-60HZ
- Although these are professional grade clippers they are also ideal for beginners. The notches located near the adjustable lever service as a guide, making these clippers great for fading and tapering. Once you become more comfortable with using these clippers you won’t pay much attention to the notches as much.
- Extremely lightweight in comparison to a lot of other brands
- Durable plastic body
- Lithium ion battery
- Does not get hot quickly (unlike most clippers The Magic Clip does not generate a lot of heat during a haircut)
- Adjustable blade
- Trusted brand (Since 1900’s)
Fun Fact: The Wahl Clipper Corporation was started by Leo J Wahl in the early 1900’s
Note: the longevity of your clippers will solely depend on how well you maintain your clippers and blades over the years.
- Out the box you may find that you’re Wahl Magic Clip Clippers are unusually stiff when adjusting the lever. This is a common problem and can be fixed quickly. How to Fix: Using a flat screw driver adjust the lever till it’s adjusted for your comfort and cutting style. Do not tighten too tight because that will cause the lever not function adequately.
- Lightweight. Because these clippers are so lightweight you risk the chance of them slipping out of your hand. Of course, this can be the case with any clipper so just maintain a firm grip well cutting your client.
- Lack of power. I’ve noticed that after about the 6th haircut on cordless mode my clipper loses its speed. Although attaching the cord does help you may notice a lack of speed and power. How to Fix: simply give you clippers time to recharge for about an hour or more. It’s always in your best interest to have a backup pair of clippers regardless of which brand of clippers you use.
Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Clipper Maintenance
- Oil blades regularly
- Remove hair from the inside and outside regularly
- Store in a safe place such as a Clipper Keeper
- Avoid dropping
In conclusion, the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip clippers have proven to be reliable, durable, and powerful pair of clippers. Backed by a 12 month Limited Manufacture Warranty and recommended by the top barbers in the industry. On Amazon.com customers reviews currently rate this product 4.5 out 5 stars. Given those statistics The Magic Clip definitely receives the Choice Barber™ stamp of approval. We would like your feedback so please share your comments or questions below.