Job Overview: The Barber/Hair Stylist performs hair grooming services for our clients. They must demonstrate excellent cleanliness and sanitation skills. They must hold and maintain a current state license as may be required.
Qualifications: Work availability on a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays. Ability to work in a dynamic shop environment. Supply and maintain professional tools in working order and free of rust- Electric hair clippers, shears/scissors, straight/safety razors. Well-developed interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with peers, supervisors and clients. Barber/Hair Stylist must have at least one year of professional experience.
- Perform hair grooming services for each client.
- Uphold the standards of sanitation and sterilization as directed by law and the shop’s policies and procedures.
- Recommend retail products for clients’ at-home usage.
- Ensure clients feel welcome when they arrive for their appointments
- Maintain shop appearance and cleanliness.
- Stock and maintain stations according to standard operating procedures.
- Promote and up-sell products and services.
- Ensure that a high standard of service is maintained throughout the shop.
- Arrive prior to start of shift with enough time to prepare for the day.
- Maintain and increase knowledge of product lines by attending new product promotions, in-house instruction, and education/training classes.
- Assist in all areas of shop operation as requested by management.
- Maintain compliance with all state board regulations and keep their license updated and any fees paid.
- Maintain sanitation standards as top priority. (reporting any question or concerns to the Lead at all times)
Follow ALL systems and protocols. No deviations are permitted.
- Maintain a positive attitude and work as a team player.
- Emphasize to their clients the importance of routine visits and benefits of H&N Membership.
- Follow our dress code and always look their professional best.
- Acknowledge responsibility for their own personal belongings and implements.
- Keep cell phones off the operations floor and always on silent mode while in the shop.
- Never to give any client their personal information (phone number, email or any other contact information)
- Responsible for reporting anything being done in the shop that compromises the H&N mission and culture.