Top 3 Best Clippers for Fading Hair of 2017
In this article we will compare the Top 3 Best Clippers for Fading Hair of 2017. With so many brands and styles of clippers on the market we understand how hard it is to make a decision when purchasing your first or next pair of professional clippers. Thankfully, you’ve come to the right place! We are going to make your life easier by narrowing your search with the following Top 3 Best Clippers.
Rating Top 3 Best Clippers
|Wahl 5 Star Magic Clip Cord/Cordless Clippers||9.5|
|Oster Fast Feed||9.0|
Since the early 1900’s the Wahl’s brand has continuously brought cutting edge technology to the Barbering Industry. Without a doubt the release of the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip Cordless clipper was one of the most innovative hair cutting clippers on the scene today.
They are used by some of the top Barbers in the industry such as Chris Bossio.
Their $85 price tag is worth it, especially if your cutting several clients on a daily bases.
- Adjustable lever with notch guide making these clippers great for fading and tapering.
- Durable plastic housing
- Lithium ion battery
- Optional Cordless or Corded
- Does not generate a lot of heat during a haircut
- Adjustable blade
- Lack of power. Because this clipper runs on a lithium ion battery you may notice that after about the 6th haircut or so, on cordless mode your clippers loses its speed and power.
In conclusion, the Wahl 5-Star Magic Clip clippers have proven to be reliable, durable, and powerful pair of clippers.
On Ebay.com verified customers currently rate this product 4.8 out 5 stars.
Overall Rating: 9.5/10 on a scale of 1 to 10 (Buy Now)
Oster Fast Feed
Oster® has been making a name for themselves since 1924 and keeps on flourishing in the barbering industry. Furthermore, with regards to clippers the Oster Fast Feed are quite often included as one of the top 10 best barbering clippers on the market. Additionally, the Oster brand is well-known for assembling strong and effective clippers. Notably, many hair stylists and barbers lean toward Oster over Wahl and Andis.
Similarly, the Oster Fast Feed like the Wahl Magic Clip Cordless clippers are used by many of the top barbers in the industry such as Professional Barber and YouTuber 360 Jezzy
Ebay.com currently sells this unit for about $56 to $60 which is an awesome price for a professional pair of barbering clippers.
- Great for fading!
- Oster’s Whisper-Quiet pivot motor
- 2x more powerful than a magnetic motor clipper
- Durable plastic housing
- Adjustable blade 000-1
- Does not cut long or thick hair smoothly
- Not easy to adjustment or zero-gap.
- Poor ergonomics (or not comfortable to hold)
- Blade gets dull quickly
- Guards or clipper combs included in package are “junk” I recommend you upgrade to the Nano Double Magnetic, Purple guards. Click Here
The Oster Fast Feed has proven to be reliable, durable, and powerful pair of clippers. Although, I wouldn’t consider these to be the best clippers on the market because frankly they lack the power to cut all textures of hair smoothly. However, in my professional opinion they’re one of the best fading clippers on the market.
Oh and the price is right! As I mention earlier the Oster Fast Feed can be purchased at an incredibly low price. Additionally, they are recommended by the top barbers in the industry.
On Ebay.com verified customers currently rate this product 4.5 out 5 stars.
Overall Rating: 9/10 on a scale of 1 to 10 (BUY NOW)
Ah! Yes. Now onto the famous Andis Masters one of the most commonly used clippers in the barbershop and recommended by many professionals barbers. Andis Clipper Company has been a trusted brand since 1922. Prominently, known for engineering the Andis Masters with a powerful magnetic motor which runs faster than a rotary motor and usually has a single adjustable head for a precise cut. Andis Master delivers a rapid 14,000 strokes per minute making it an unmatched in speed and power.
Similarly, the Andis Master like the Oster Fast Feed clippers are used by many of the top barbers in the industry such as Professional Barbers Pacino’s and Curtis Smith
Ebay.com currently sells this unit for about $90 which is at the higher price point for a professional pair of clippers.
- Ideal for beginners and seasoned Professionals
- Guided notches. Located near the adjustable lever you will discover 5 notches which service as a fading guide. As a result, the guided notches make these clippers great for fading and tapering.
- Unbreakable aluminum housing
- Powerful and fast motor
- Adjustable blade
- Out the boxes you may find that your Andis Masters are usually loud.
- Not the easiest clippers to repair however we do recommend you learn how to make adjustments and repairs on your own because repairs can be costly.
- After 10 or 15 minutes of cutting you may feel your clippers getting uncomfortably warm, hot! Moreover, if its comfortable for you it’s probably burning or irritating your client as well.
- Heavy and can exasperate your shoulders, arms, or wrist over time.
- Guards not included (guards sold separately)
Although, the Cons seems to out weight the Pros the Andis Masters have proven to be reliable, durable, and powerful pair of clippers over the years. No doubt, they are still making there mark in the barbering in today. And still holds a spot as one of the Top 3 Best Clippers for Fading Hair.
Unfortunately, the price point as I mention earlier is a little steep. Despite that they are highly recommended by the top barbers in the industry.
On Ebay.com verified customers currently rate this product 4.4 out 5 stars.
Overall Rating: 8.5/10 on a scale of 1 to 10 (BUY NOW)
Choosing the best option for you…
So you have a few options. In fact, none of these may be for you.
For instance, if you feel your not serious about barbering professionally, spending $50-$90 on a pair of clippers may not be the best course for you.
However, if you are a newbie barber with a low budget and you are ready to jump start your barber career, the Oster Fast Feed is the best option for you.
If your a seasoned Barber, servicing several clients daily and you need a clipper with speed and power, the Andis Master is for you is for you.
If your looking to upgrade from corded to cordless, without compromising: speed, power, and the quality of your haircuts, then the Wahl Magic Clip is right for you. The Wahl Magic Clip gives you incredible flexibility.
You got your sights on your next or first pair of clippers.
We would love to hear from you. Leave your comments below, thanks!