Oster Fast Feed Review 2017
In this Oster Fast Feed Clipper Review I will explain the Pro’s and Con’s as well as offer tips on how to maintain your clippers longevity.
Oster Fast Feed Review – Product Overview
First, let’s discuss the Oster® brand which has been making their mark on the barbering industry since 1924 and continues to thrive. Additionally, when it comes to clippers the Oster Fast Feed are almost always included as one of the top 5 best professional barber clippers.
Furthermore, the Oster brand has a reputation of manufacturing durable and powerful grooming clippers. In fact, many professional barbers prefer Oster over Wahl and Andis.
Notably, what sets the Oster Fast Feed apart from its competition is the Whiper Quitet™ pivot motor. Comparatively, the pivot motor is 2x more powerful than a magnetic motor clipper meaning you will be able to cut hair quickly, effortlessly and more quietly. Equally important, is the adjustable blade lever to change settings easily from a 000 to 1. In addition, it is ultra-durable and built for long-lasting performance to provide you years of use.
In The Package
- Oster Fast Feed Clipper
- Tube of Blade Oil
- User Manuel
- 3 attachment combs
- Cleaning brush
- Blade Guard
Barber Tip: As a side note I recommend you purchase the Andis Nano Double Magnetic guards instead of using the clipper combs or guards that are included you in the Oster Fast Feed box.
- Great for fading!
- Oster’s Whisper-Quiet pivot motor
- Durable plastic housing
- Adjustable blade 000-1
- Run Quite.
Fun Fact: The Oster Brand hand-operated hair clipper was originally designed to cut and style women’s hair.
Note: the longevity of your clippers will solely depend on how well you maintain your clippers and blades over the years.
- Does not cut long or thick hair smoothly. Instead, you’re better off using the Oster Model 10 or any other detachable blade rotary clipper to remove the bulk.
- Takes several steps to adjustment, repair or zero-gap. Although, there are several YouTube videos on How-To adjust your clippers, for a beginner adjusting the Oster Fast Feeds can be tedious and overwhelming.
- Poor ergonomics (or not comfortable to hold)
- Cutting blade gets dull quickly
Oster Fast Feed Maintenance
- Oil blades regularly
- Remove hair from the inside and outside regularly
- Store in a safe place such as a Clipper Keeper
- Avoid dropping
In conclusion, the Oster Fast Feed has proven to be a reliable, durable, and powerful pair of clippers. All in all, in my professional opinion they’re one of the best fading clippers on the market. Moreover, Ebay and Amazon customers currently rate this product 4 out 5 stars. Given that, the Oster Fast Feed definitely receives the Choice Barber™ stamp of approval.
Of course, we’d love to hear from you in the comments section below. Tell us about your experience using the Oster Fast Feed. Thank you!